As president of the Frisco, TX chapter of The American Financial Education Alliance, Ada presents workshops aimed to empower individuals with the knowledge to guide their own financial decisions.
Workshops in July and August 2022 will be held in person at
Plano County Library System – Parr Library
6200 Windhaven Parkway
Plano, Texas 75093
Social Security Benefit Options – LIVE EVENT
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As you near retirement, one of the biggest financial decisions you’ll need to make is when to begin receiving your Social Security retirement benefits. With pensions disappearing, Social Security remains a major source of guaranteed lifetime retirement income for most Americans, so it’s important to take the time to explore your options and make an informed, well-reasoned decision.
- How to properly file for Social Security benefits
- How to maximize the amount you are eligible for
- How to avoid common mistakes people make when claiming their benefits
- How to optimize your assets to minimize or avoid paying taxes on your Social Security benefits
- How much income you can make and still draw Social Security
- How Social Security is taxed
- How to file and restrict benefits
- How to claim a spouses benefit even if divorced
This workshop is strictly informational; no products will be sold or endorsed at the class. The American Financial Education Alliance (AFEA) is not associated with the Social Security Administration or any other government agency.
Safe Money Principles of Retirement Planning – LIVE EVENT
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course offers real-world strategies and methods designed for retirees and pre-retirees aged 50 and over, who are interested in improving their retirement plan. Whether you have already made significant headway on your plan or if you are in the beginning stages, this course is designed to eliminate the confusion surrounding retirement planning and empower you to realize your retirement goals. Together we will determine your individual goals, develop a plan based on sound principles and safe practices, and equip you with the knowledge and tools necessary to put those plans into action. Upon completion, you will know how to properly allocate your assets, accurately devise an income plan to last your entire retirement, and take advantage of little-known tax tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals while also minimizing taxes to Uncle Sam.
- How to establish retirement goals and objectives based on your risk tolerance
- How to maximize your cash flow
- How to avoid common financial mistakes
- How to optimize your asset allocation to minimize or eliminate the risk of loss
- Why paying off your mortgage early may be a bad idea
- How to use banking strategies to become your own banker
- How to use current IRS tax codes to create a tax-free or low-tax retirement
- How to generate predictable and reliable income for life
What is AFEA?
The American Financial Education Alliance (AFEA) is one of the fastest growing non-profit financial wellness programs in the country!
As an IRS approved, 501(c)(3) NonProfit Organization, our mission is to empower Americans to take control of their finances by providing local communities with objective financial education. It is our pleasure to educate our local communities and share how AFEA works to provide all Americans the education and experience they need to enhance their financial understanding and management.
AFEA specializes in providing high-level financial education classes and events at establishments of all types:
Libraries | Universities, Colleges, Junior Colleges | Businesses | Nonprofit and Fundraising Organizations
Class offerings include:
A Guide to 401k Rollovers ♦ The ABCD’s of Medicare ♦ Advanced Estate Planning ♦ An Introduction to Annuities ♦ Business Continuation Planning ♦ College Planning ♦ The Essentials of Estate Planning ♦ Financial Planning Basics ♦ Investing for Women ♦ IRAs, Annuities, and Other Sources of Retirement Income ♦ Living a Tax-Free Retirement ♦ Most Common Financial Mistakes ♦ Myths and Facts About Annuities ♦ Planning for Long-Term Care ♦ Retirement Basics ♦ Retirement Income Planning ♦ Roth IRA Conversions ♦ Safe Money Principles of Retirement Planning ♦ Social Security Benefit Options ♦ Special Needs Planning ♦ Understanding Your IRA ♦ Understanding Your Roth IRA ♦ Variable Annuities ♦ Women and Money ♦ Your Employee-Sponsored Retirement Plan